Skip to main content

10 Day Blogging Challenge + Social Network Ish

Hey Guys!

I found this blogging challenge on hunterswritings.wordpress.com. It has technically passed, but I'm doing it anyway. Being 'forced' to write, in the past, has worked both for and against my writing self. But this time, I'm excited about it. I think it'll help me to (finally) get onto my holiday blogging plan- which was the vague old "blog more".

Hope you guys are having a lovely holiday season?! Like salvation wasn't enough of a gift, He had to give us days off school and work too! Thank you Jesus!

The other thing is that I have a twitter account for my blog to get more people to see what I post (using the hashtag feature). It also makes it easy to follow other bloggers, and creates more room for some  feedback.  So yeah it's @4pceesblogspot, please check it out and follow me!Thanks!



Also, I'm part of the brains behind a Facebook page that encourages creative writing. You know how there are a gazillion pages encouraging make up artists and  fashion bloggers? Yeah. So we figured we'd make one to show off creative writing. As time goes on, we might expand to include other creative works or other things in general. But for now this is who we are, please like us on Facebook:  The Creative Mind. And if you have suggestions for good write-ups we could post, please e-mail us at thecreativemindTCM@gmail.com.


Thank you for your amazing support!

Merry Christmas in arrears!

P.S: Don't be like me, don't overeat simply because there's lots of good food around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I promise, I promise..

Picture perfect. Those were the words most of my guests had described my wedding day as. I might as well have been dipped in diamonds. I glowed from head to toe. Vera Wang had custom made my wedding dress to perfection. So much that Louis (my ever broke friend who had turned gay because he just couldn't deal with girlfriends and their extravagantness) became a believer in my one occasion dress that was worth a lifetime of savings for many. My amazing aunt had provided Dink and I with Audi's latest model as a "small" wedding present. Dink had just gotten promoted and was now fourth in command of my father's multi-million dollar company. Yes, we were more than able to afford the mansion we called home in Banana Island. I broke my hymen in grand style in Burj Al Arab, Dubai. My cheeks now burn as I remember how hard it was to convince Dink that my "cookie" wouldn't decay from being in the jar for so long! Ha those days were...hmm, words just w...

Hey Lil Troublemaker.

Photo credit:  looseends  via  Foter.com  /  CC BY-NC-SA Freezing as usual. I've gone through today's edition of "school sucks, especially in the Winter". I have a midterm anyway, so there's no way around school today. No point whining. There's a 3-minute bus for the 7minute walk I have to make to my next class.  When the roads are icy and slippery (like today) and man's greatest fear is becoming 'Humpty-Dumty the second', that walk becomes more10-ish minutes. So, of course I'll take the bus! *Whew!*. I made the bus.  To calm my raging nerves - because I'm pretty tensed about my Stats midterm - I read the cover page of Metro newspaper. The story I first see is something about wheelchairs not getting priority over strollers. Lol? Who wouldn't know that? On second thought, it wouldn't be on the front page of the paper if something hadn't happened. Apparently, some bus driver had told someone with a toddler to get off t...

Acknowledging Privilege

You know one thing that comes with looking at old things with new eyes? Interesting discoveries!   For those of you who do not know, I have been in Nigeria for thirteen days and I will be here till the end of the year. So, I’m writing about what it feels like to go back home after half a decade. I already said in my last post that everything seems familiar except that it isn’t. And by that I meant that I’m now noticing things that have probably always been there, but had managed to go unnoticed. Every time I notice something, I wonder if I'm thinking and acting like a foreigner in my own motherland. It's a weird feeling. But it is what it is; I've been out of touch.  Let's move to today's story. One night last week, Oye knocked on my door because she had been sent to get something called a “ruler”.  Oye is the amazing maid, who really has been my right hand person. She's been helping me relearn the art of crossing Lagos streets, perfecting my haggli...