Skip to main content

Updates and Blogiversary!

Hey guys!

I officially have one semester left till the end of undergrad. It's so exciting! There's the realization that life really is happening. Not that it hasn't been happening all this while, but the parts of my life that I am really accountable for are about to begin. Ehm, that explanation doesn't really help. What I'm trying to say is, before now, I pretty much had to go to a preselected high school, then I moved to a country selected by my parents, my university and initial program studied even weren't entirely my decisions! So yeah, now I'm becoming more actively involved in the path my life will take. Lol strike that. I'm fighting to choose how my life goes. There's still the fear from family and friends on what life path is most secure (financially) and there's the reality that so many people end up loving jobs they never really thought they'd want.

Anyway, I  have been hooked to this really awesome show. It's great because I've been looking for things to fill my time during the holiday and the random chunks of time in my day (my 70-80 minute commute to and fro school daily). The other day I realized that I'm already half-way through this year of my life and it doesn't feel like I've done anything uber awesome with this age...lol. So I'm trying to be more intentional about things I'm doing. I think it's my knowledge acquisition year, I've been very excited about meeting and being mentored by people and things that motivate me. In some ways, it wasn't really me who did the choosing, God just kind of shoved these people and things along my way and now we're inseparable. But that has always been my prayer, that God would have His way in my life, regardless of what I think I want.

It's Christmas day and that means it's time top again throwback to my love story post from two years ago! Wow, I've had this blog for two years and three days. I'm grateful for all the lovely constructive comments and compliments I've received. I'm still amazed when strangers take the time to say something nice about my written muses! I get that friends feel a tiny bit of an obligation to be nice to me, but the strangers who have nothing to gain, and do it all the same! It  never ceases to amaze me! Thank you! So to everyone who has scrolled through my blog, liked a post, shared one, who has secretly loved it, I'd like to say thank you! You have a special place in my heart, thank you

This is me sorta kinda curtseying to show how grateful I am! Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I promise, I promise..

Picture perfect. Those were the words most of my guests had described my wedding day as. I might as well have been dipped in diamonds. I glowed from head to toe. Vera Wang had custom made my wedding dress to perfection. So much that Louis (my ever broke friend who had turned gay because he just couldn't deal with girlfriends and their extravagantness) became a believer in my one occasion dress that was worth a lifetime of savings for many. My amazing aunt had provided Dink and I with Audi's latest model as a "small" wedding present. Dink had just gotten promoted and was now fourth in command of my father's multi-million dollar company. Yes, we were more than able to afford the mansion we called home in Banana Island. I broke my hymen in grand style in Burj Al Arab, Dubai. My cheeks now burn as I remember how hard it was to convince Dink that my "cookie" wouldn't decay from being in the jar for so long! Ha those days were...hmm, words just w...

Hey Lil Troublemaker.

Photo credit:  looseends  via  Foter.com  /  CC BY-NC-SA Freezing as usual. I've gone through today's edition of "school sucks, especially in the Winter". I have a midterm anyway, so there's no way around school today. No point whining. There's a 3-minute bus for the 7minute walk I have to make to my next class.  When the roads are icy and slippery (like today) and man's greatest fear is becoming 'Humpty-Dumty the second', that walk becomes more10-ish minutes. So, of course I'll take the bus! *Whew!*. I made the bus.  To calm my raging nerves - because I'm pretty tensed about my Stats midterm - I read the cover page of Metro newspaper. The story I first see is something about wheelchairs not getting priority over strollers. Lol? Who wouldn't know that? On second thought, it wouldn't be on the front page of the paper if something hadn't happened. Apparently, some bus driver had told someone with a toddler to get off t...

Acknowledging Privilege

You know one thing that comes with looking at old things with new eyes? Interesting discoveries!   For those of you who do not know, I have been in Nigeria for thirteen days and I will be here till the end of the year. So, I’m writing about what it feels like to go back home after half a decade. I already said in my last post that everything seems familiar except that it isn’t. And by that I meant that I’m now noticing things that have probably always been there, but had managed to go unnoticed. Every time I notice something, I wonder if I'm thinking and acting like a foreigner in my own motherland. It's a weird feeling. But it is what it is; I've been out of touch.  Let's move to today's story. One night last week, Oye knocked on my door because she had been sent to get something called a “ruler”.  Oye is the amazing maid, who really has been my right hand person. She's been helping me relearn the art of crossing Lagos streets, perfecting my haggli...