Skip to main content

I realize that a lot of the stuff I write is creepy and sad

I realize that a lot of the stuff I write is creepy and sad ... at least for the most part.


But let's just say, except I have a really cool idea, something big motivates me or I'm super excited and can't wait to pen it all down, most of my writing is done when I'm in a weird mood.

I don't always think like this though. But I realized the other day, that CNN hardly ever publishes good news. So I figured this meant that people love to listen to bad news. Okay, in better words, bad news gets people's attention more than good news does. It evokes more emotions, makes them want to share the news, bla bla... I know you get it.

And sometimes, something sad happens that makes me really think, this was the case with blink.

Generally, if I don't feel like it's deep (can make you "hmnnnn"), is funny, has God at the center or is anything, fancy it'll probably end up being sad. Sad is easy; people can relate with it pretty easily. And for the most part I like easy.

 E ma binu o ( that's how you say "don't be mad" in my language).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I promise, I promise..

Picture perfect. Those were the words most of my guests had described my wedding day as. I might as well have been dipped in diamonds. I glowed from head to toe. Vera Wang had custom made my wedding dress to perfection. So much that Louis (my ever broke friend who had turned gay because he just couldn't deal with girlfriends and their extravagantness) became a believer in my one occasion dress that was worth a lifetime of savings for many. My amazing aunt had provided Dink and I with Audi's latest model as a "small" wedding present. Dink had just gotten promoted and was now fourth in command of my father's multi-million dollar company. Yes, we were more than able to afford the mansion we called home in Banana Island. I broke my hymen in grand style in Burj Al Arab, Dubai. My cheeks now burn as I remember how hard it was to convince Dink that my "cookie" wouldn't decay from being in the jar for so long! Ha those days were...hmm, words just w...

Acknowledging Privilege

You know one thing that comes with looking at old things with new eyes? Interesting discoveries!   For those of you who do not know, I have been in Nigeria for thirteen days and I will be here till the end of the year. So, I’m writing about what it feels like to go back home after half a decade. I already said in my last post that everything seems familiar except that it isn’t. And by that I meant that I’m now noticing things that have probably always been there, but had managed to go unnoticed. Every time I notice something, I wonder if I'm thinking and acting like a foreigner in my own motherland. It's a weird feeling. But it is what it is; I've been out of touch.  Let's move to today's story. One night last week, Oye knocked on my door because she had been sent to get something called a “ruler”.  Oye is the amazing maid, who really has been my right hand person. She's been helping me relearn the art of crossing Lagos streets, perfecting my haggli...

The Ontario Christian and 2015 sex-ed changes

I don’t know if it’s too many classes in sociology of religion, human sexuality, and the likes of these that have made my opinions significantly different from friends with whom I share other opinions. But since I am yet to find a ground comfortable enough for my Jesus loving self and freedom of expression celebrating side to stand, I write. One of our pastors was /is pretty furious at the recent changes to Ontario’s sex education laws. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, let’s take a moment to update you . When it finally loads, please scroll down to view the juice of it. Now that you get the idea, my question to my friends has been what makes this wrong from a non-Christian POV? Given that the entire population is not Christian, why would you expect the laws not to favor the non-Christians as well? If you absolutely detest homosexuality as a religious command and have a religious responsibility to train up your child in the way of God, I expect that you would teach y...