Skip to main content

Heavenly race.. I no go tire


The exclusive nature of Christianity has to be its most defining feature as well it's most annoying feature for young Christians. Although I'm slightly a control freak (over my life) and can't be drunk for that reason, I'd like to chill out at a bar occasionally. I still sometimes feel it should be okay, but since it's a bridge hanging by a thread, I just don't cross it anymore. That's a personal thing and I guess we all have ours. I know lots of females who feel like an outfit is incomplete without some display of cleavage. I know guys who can't let a Friday night go without some crazy "turning up". Individual preferences I guess. If I wasn't a Christian, I probably still wouldn't have been a party animal, as it's not really my thing, but I'd talk a lot more. I'd give people much more detailed pieces of my mind and explain how much foolishness they display (no filtering). No one would be allowed to correct me except I asked for it. And oh dear, would I sleeeep!   Oh and watch all the series I'd love to watch but can't because of the thoughts they provoke.

Never said I'm flawless
See I wanna be used
But I get confused
Able to be tempted
But what I did was I called on Jesus
You see me plus Him
Makes me walk different
Makes me talk different
Even sing different
But I'm a work in progress
And I know He's not finished
He's working on me
He's working on meeeeeeee ..) Uh oh
- If you didn't figure it out yet, that's J. Moss' "Just James." It's a beautiful song.

At this point, I'd like to note that it's not beans. But it makes sense to me and that has helped me stick with it. Understanding why I am giving up that thing  makes it easier to deal with.

You would not mix rotten eggs with good ones just for variety, would you? It's disgusting, I know. But that's how living a double life is.

Figure out why you decided to be a Christian and stick with it. Reflection is usually good practice. It's easy to make that big resolution and never follow through with it. Think about your life often enough that you can easily tell when you're going wrong and find your way back. Above all, "birds of a feather flock together" never rang truer than it does in Christianity. You're an eagle, please fly with fellow eagles. No need to swaddle like ducks.


Comments

  1. Food for thought. Quite provoking....We all need to stop being a wolf in sheep's clothing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Go on, introduce yourself and say something; nothing is too random to say on here.

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledging Privilege

You know one thing that comes with looking at old things with new eyes? Interesting discoveries!   For those of you who do not know, I have been in Nigeria for thirteen days and I will be here till the end of the year. So, I’m writing about what it feels like to go back home after half a decade. I already said in my last post that everything seems familiar except that it isn’t. And by that I meant that I’m now noticing things that have probably always been there, but had managed to go unnoticed. Every time I notice something, I wonder if I'm thinking and acting like a foreigner in my own motherland. It's a weird feeling. But it is what it is; I've been out of touch.  Let's move to today's story. One night last week, Oye knocked on my door because she had been sent to get something called a “ruler”.  Oye is the amazing maid, who really has been my right hand person. She's been helping me relearn the art of crossing Lagos streets, perfecting my haggli

The Ontario Christian and 2015 sex-ed changes

I don’t know if it’s too many classes in sociology of religion, human sexuality, and the likes of these that have made my opinions significantly different from friends with whom I share other opinions. But since I am yet to find a ground comfortable enough for my Jesus loving self and freedom of expression celebrating side to stand, I write. One of our pastors was /is pretty furious at the recent changes to Ontario’s sex education laws. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, let’s take a moment to update you . When it finally loads, please scroll down to view the juice of it. Now that you get the idea, my question to my friends has been what makes this wrong from a non-Christian POV? Given that the entire population is not Christian, why would you expect the laws not to favor the non-Christians as well? If you absolutely detest homosexuality as a religious command and have a religious responsibility to train up your child in the way of God, I expect that you would teach y

Hey Lil Troublemaker.

Photo credit:  looseends  via  Foter.com  /  CC BY-NC-SA Freezing as usual. I've gone through today's edition of "school sucks, especially in the Winter". I have a midterm anyway, so there's no way around school today. No point whining. There's a 3-minute bus for the 7minute walk I have to make to my next class.  When the roads are icy and slippery (like today) and man's greatest fear is becoming 'Humpty-Dumty the second', that walk becomes more10-ish minutes. So, of course I'll take the bus! *Whew!*. I made the bus.  To calm my raging nerves - because I'm pretty tensed about my Stats midterm - I read the cover page of Metro newspaper. The story I first see is something about wheelchairs not getting priority over strollers. Lol? Who wouldn't know that? On second thought, it wouldn't be on the front page of the paper if something hadn't happened. Apparently, some bus driver had told someone with a toddler to get off t