Skip to main content

Impeccable timing!


!

Like I can't just get enough of God's timing!  I'm still pretty new to blogging and you guys probably haven't heard me mouth about how amazing God's ways are, but if I have any twitter stalkers, I guess they'd know.

So today (now last year) I was going through BG's YouTube videos. I've been watching her videos since 2010 and I've always had a way of connecting with her. Well except the height and mighty age difference (hehe) I think we could be twins..okay I'll settle for sisters.

Today I was just admiring the awesome work she had done with her weight loss. She's had two beautiful kids, and boy, is she in great shape! I've never been pregnant and she's doing better at fitness than I am. I do the whole self-pity thing where I whine about how I've never been skinny, how everyone at least has an "I remember when I had abs.." that kinda thing, but not me. So yeah, I was just looking at her pictures and listening to her motivational words and I got motivated. So I started searching for her workout schedule, but in the process, I found some of her other videos - strictly Christian advice/great encouragement. I was gonna skip them cuz well I've seen most of them before (been a fan for 2yrs-ish), but then I decided to let them play. Well no, I just forgot to stop them and they were in a playlist, so they played on. I couldn't have been any more grateful for the timing of the accidentally watched videos. They were totally timely for my early-life crisis..x_x
(Here's the link to the playlist.)

And then yesterday, my day was preetty much a drag. So much so that I miss my annoying sister :(. She at least had gist or a question from the moon for me. All be it 10-yr old baby gist, it was someone to keep me company, a distraction from the 6090mi that bug my life.. and blah bla. I also went from having a super full house (9 people, mine and my uncle's fam) to having just my super quiet daddy and me, and now just me. Then thoughts of school starting -_-. Let's just say it wasn't exactly the most exciting night.

 So I was there, somewhere between sad, bored and pretty lonely and my mind was crossing "boundaries." An idle mind they say, is the devil's workshop. It felt like he was even expanding his workshop to a factory size! In an attempt to stop the expansion,  I decided to rant a bit before bed to give my mind something useful to do...but I didn't post.

Now to the real today! Guess what the Open Heavens title for today was?? "Are you lonely?"was the title. LOL!  It was a typical "Lord are you kidding me right now" kinda moment. I was just smiling to myself. Sooo,  You knew in advance and then decided to  make today's devotional meet that need. Why, thanks!

Reading on, I see stuff like "Satan likes to keep company with those who are lonely",  "Secret sins thrive in lonely moments. Psalm 19:12", " Also watch your mind gate. Do not just allow any thought to play on your mind." And I'm just like thank you Lord for the timely intervention!

There were more words of wisdom from Pastor E.A Adeboye, feel free to hang on to them if the words are for you. :) "Equally watch your body; it may become pushier, trying to compel you  to fumble with it through masturbation when you are lonely. Equally keep your taste buds in check as they may begin to crave liquor or beer at those lonely times." And in ending remarks, he says, "When people are around, be on your guard. But when no one is around, increase your spiritual vigilance." No extra words needed.

Aii fellas, my $0.02, God is awesome and His timing: mwah!

Yours-in-rants,
4pcee!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledging Privilege

You know one thing that comes with looking at old things with new eyes? Interesting discoveries!   For those of you who do not know, I have been in Nigeria for thirteen days and I will be here till the end of the year. So, I’m writing about what it feels like to go back home after half a decade. I already said in my last post that everything seems familiar except that it isn’t. And by that I meant that I’m now noticing things that have probably always been there, but had managed to go unnoticed. Every time I notice something, I wonder if I'm thinking and acting like a foreigner in my own motherland. It's a weird feeling. But it is what it is; I've been out of touch.  Let's move to today's story. One night last week, Oye knocked on my door because she had been sent to get something called a “ruler”.  Oye is the amazing maid, who really has been my right hand person. She's been helping me relearn the art of crossing Lagos streets, perfecting my haggli

The Ontario Christian and 2015 sex-ed changes

I don’t know if it’s too many classes in sociology of religion, human sexuality, and the likes of these that have made my opinions significantly different from friends with whom I share other opinions. But since I am yet to find a ground comfortable enough for my Jesus loving self and freedom of expression celebrating side to stand, I write. One of our pastors was /is pretty furious at the recent changes to Ontario’s sex education laws. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, let’s take a moment to update you . When it finally loads, please scroll down to view the juice of it. Now that you get the idea, my question to my friends has been what makes this wrong from a non-Christian POV? Given that the entire population is not Christian, why would you expect the laws not to favor the non-Christians as well? If you absolutely detest homosexuality as a religious command and have a religious responsibility to train up your child in the way of God, I expect that you would teach y

Hey Lil Troublemaker.

Photo credit:  looseends  via  Foter.com  /  CC BY-NC-SA Freezing as usual. I've gone through today's edition of "school sucks, especially in the Winter". I have a midterm anyway, so there's no way around school today. No point whining. There's a 3-minute bus for the 7minute walk I have to make to my next class.  When the roads are icy and slippery (like today) and man's greatest fear is becoming 'Humpty-Dumty the second', that walk becomes more10-ish minutes. So, of course I'll take the bus! *Whew!*. I made the bus.  To calm my raging nerves - because I'm pretty tensed about my Stats midterm - I read the cover page of Metro newspaper. The story I first see is something about wheelchairs not getting priority over strollers. Lol? Who wouldn't know that? On second thought, it wouldn't be on the front page of the paper if something hadn't happened. Apparently, some bus driver had told someone with a toddler to get off t